Celery Chuney/Thogayal

This is the first time I am making Celery thogayal and I am satisfied that it is indeed a great way of taking celery. I experimented with this recipe, and it turned out to be good.


Ingredients:-
Chopped Celery - 1/2 cup
Chopped Coriander - 1/2 cup
Grated Coconut - 1/4 cup
Tamarind extract - 1 sp
Red chilli - 4-5
Methi powder - 1/4 sp (opt)
Salt

To temper:- Mustard - 1sp

Wash well and chop celery and coriander. In a spoon of oil, saute them for couple of minutes.
Take this in blender, add red chilli, coconut, tamarind pulp, and salt and grind fine.
Heat the pan, add tablespoon of oil, temper mustard, add the grounded paste and fry for about 10-12 minutes till the mass thickens and leaves the oil.
Serve hot with Rice and ghee.
It was tasting great with Rice, I guess it will go well with Idly/Dosas too.

9 comments:

Parita said...

Wow never used celery in chutneys, wonderful idea! looks delicious!

lissie said...

this is something new to me...sounds great!

Vrinda said...

New chutney recipe with celery,sounds tasty....

Anonymous said...

Using celery in chutneys!It's new to me...tnx for sharing...

Suparna said...

hey sowmya,
now this is real inovative idea :)
coriander and celery with methi I love the unusual combinations here :) looks tasty
TC

Unknown said...

good one sowmya..i make thuvayal with coriander,adding celery would be great..

kittymatti said...

very interesting...will give it a try!

eshoboshoaahare.blogspot.in said...

Very new to me sowmya........looks something chatpata

Learn Speaking English said...

great recipe.